Sell On Pricefalls.com
HomeForExchange.com

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

7/17/13 DISCOVERING MY JOUNERY IN JAMAICA


It was awesome reconnecting with everyone in Jamaica in July17-22, 2013.  I got to meet almost everyone from my father family. When you ask God to order your step sometime if you look beyond the challenges you will see that it turn out for the good for those who love the lord.

Finally after 20yrs reconnecting with my cousin Jennifer, I needed to get in touch with my one and only living Auntie (my father sister) whom is know 78yrs old.

Jennifer inform me that she was coming to Jamaica and wanted to meet up with me in Kingston, so god work it out for me to go. Since couple a day before that my bank card was eating by an ATM machine I was using in Montego Bay… quick thinking I call my bank and they send a new one.

So I step out on faith from Montego Bay to Kingston all by myself not know the where I was going on the bus, trying not to sound like a Yankee as the call you if live in the US for a while.

It turn out Jennifer sister Dawn husband died in England…and all the family and cousin, friends that was in touch with each other, meet up at Dawn 14 bedroom house that was wow and so tranquil. I met my two cousins from England Peggy and Pansy, Jennifer and her two of her children’s Claudia, Albert Jr., also my cousin from Montego Bay, Kingston and second cousins…. so on.

But the crazy thing that I experience was I thought that it was just meeting the family and go to Dawn husband funeral, after the funeral they when to lay Dawn husband down. When I reach the grave site I couldn’t go to the burial site, it was hard for me to go see that because last year it was Barry my brother, then a month ago Elder that was dear to my heart went on to glory I am still sad inside..But God knows. All the time I am at Dovecot standing at a distance I keep asking myself who is bury here at Dovecot….as I remaining standing it hit me hard …Ms Pearl my step mother is buried her….as it hit me there was a man walking towards me who works there and I ask him to check out the name for me and behold within 3 minutes I had the info. Wow…I follow the man to show me where to spot was it seem like forever to reach as I to took my time walking and start to walk fast, I finally reach and who my God it seem that I was in another world another time.  The plot said Pearline Kerr March 9, 1915-October 7, 1980., tears just started to flow down my face thinking where is time in life I just graduated at 18yrs old from high school that year in June she saw me graduate and then the then…time past you by until at 51yrs old, live stop for a moment for me to remember where I came from.

Discovering My Journey in Jamaica is my title because it been a journey …. I have to look at it as a journey to avoid the negative moment’s not over ride the good times and to see God greatness in my life again and again. 

So now I started The Family Tree of Clarisse Jackson (my father’s mother) with all of her birth children (my aunts and uncle) and their children and grand-children’s, great-grand children, almost finish with it. After I finish I need to start on my mother side of family.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment